Natural Ways of Eliminating Genital Warts: Causes & Signs; Genital warts are symptoms of sexually transmitted infection, and it is caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). The virus focuses on the tissues of the genitals. Genital warts can be too small to be easily seen at times. The appearance can also be big at times. It can have various appearances, like cauliflower and large appearance, flesh-colored bumps and so on. Genital warts are not caused by all strains of HPV. Be that as it may, there are strains of the virus that can lead to cervical cancer. This means HPV infection should give cause for concern.
The virus can be transmitted via sexual intercourse. Also, the human immune system can prevent the development of signs and symptoms of the virus. The immune system can equally kill the virus after it has infected the individual.
Genital warts can grow on the vulva, areas around the external genitalia of the woman, the cervix and the walls of the vagina. Also, it can come up on the shaft of the penis and scrotum of the man. Additionally, it can grow in the throat and mouth. Genital warts can appear as gray swelling in the genital area. It is usually accompanied by bleeding, itching, and discomfort after sex.
Genital Warts Symptoms
Some symptoms indicate genital warts infection. We will consider some of these symptoms below:
- Genital warts can be described as growths of painless lumps or blisters on the genital mucous membrane or skin
- They can grow in the throat, on the lip and tongue
- They can manifest as itching on the penis and scrum. They can also manifest as extreme dampness of the genital areas, vaginal bleeding, and vaginal discharge.
- They can occur as a result of a previous STD
- They can cause bleeding in women after sexual intercourse. Resulting to bleeding is determined by the location of genital warts in the genitals.
- They may be small at times that they can hide under genital hairs or they can also occur inside the genitals, like in the cervix. It is better to carry out a comprehensive examination of the internal genitals to detect any hidden growth of warts.
- It rarely causes urination difficulty or bleeding. Bleeding and urination difficulty can, however, occur if the genital warts are located on the urethral opening, at a position in which it can give burning sensation during urination.
- Genital warts can lead to discharge in some cases, itching and prickling sensation.
• They can grow in various sizes too, some can be big, and some can be small. They can appear as clusters or singly.
Causes of Genital Warts
The major causes of this condition are highlighted below:
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- The use of objects that are infected by HPV, like towels, bedcovers, and so on
- Sexual intercourse without the use of protection
- Sexual intercourse at an early age
- The use of birth control frequently
- Having sexual intercourse with an individual already infected by the HPV
22 Natural Ways of Eliminating Genital Warts
Certain natural ways of eliminating genital warts can treat genital warts convincingly. It may be better to consider them before going for any form of clinical treatment. These 22 natural remedies can also get rid of genital warts fast. Check some of them below:
- Duct Tape:
You can remove external genital warts by using duct tape, according to anecdotal evidence in this regard. This method is among the simplest available. All you need to do is to cover the external genital warts with duct tape and let it remain for about one week. It should be easy to file genital warts away by the time you remove the duct tape. You can file it away using a nail file or an emery board.
- Apple Cider Vinegar:
This is yet another topical treatment method for genital warts that can be applied at home. Aside from genital warts treatment, apple cider vinegar can also be applied in treating several other skin conditions. Apple cider vinegar is rich in acetic acid. The acid can be used in testing for genital warts. The acid can equally be used in treating the skin condition, according to anecdotal evidence. However, make sure you do not have allergies to apple cider vinegar before you apply this treatment method. You can test if you are allergic to it or not by simply applying the apple cider vinegar to an uninfected part of your skin. You should not use this method if you feel any continuous burning sensation after the application.
If you do not have the continuous burning sensation, then you can use apple cider vinegar to treat genital warts on your skin. Follow the steps described below to use this method.
- Pour a small quantity of the apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball. Press the wet cotton ball on genital warts and hold them together by wrapping a Band-Aid or medical tape to hold them together. You can leave the tape in place overnight and then wash off the apple cider vinegar in the morning.
- Instead of applying it overnight, you can decide to apply it in the morning after taking your bath and leave it all day long to be removed in the evening.
- You may experience extreme pain after applying this treatment method, even if you are not allergic to apple cider vinegar. If you experience any pain, you can modify the treatment and only apply the apple cider vinegar for about 15 minutes several times during the day.
You can get rid of genital warts within a matter of weeks by applying the method described above.
- Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil has antiviral effect and can be used in treating genital warts at home. It is effective on both male and female. Some individuals may experience pain by applying tea tree oil to genital warts directly. You can, however, reduce the pain by getting the tea tree oil diluted with olive or almond oil. The best dilution fraction to adopt is 1:4; that is, one portion of olive oil plus four portions of tea tree oil.
The tea tree oil can be used in treating genital warts following several methods, which are highlighted below:
- Add some drops of the diluted solution to a cotton ball, swab or pad, and apply the cotton ball on genital warts. You can repeat this several times during the day.
- Also, add six drops of pure tea tree oil in a bathtub filled with warm water. Then, soak yourself in the warm water several times during the day.
You may need to wait for up to two weeks or as long as one month before you can get the desired result using the method described above.
- Witch Hazel:
It is a powerful astringent and can be used in drying out genital warts. The wart can then be removed after it has dried out. The tissue will dry out and fall off after you have applied witch hazel on a regular basis. You will need pure witch hazel to get this done. You can get it from a health store and apply it to genital warts directly. After applying the witch hazel, let it remain on warts for up to 10 minutes. You can then wipe it off using a clean dry cloth. You only need to repeat this about two times in a day to get the desired result in about two weeks.
- Castor Oil:
Castor oil can be used in removing genital warts, according to anecdotal evidence. You can apply the oil following the methods highlighted below:
- Dip a cotton ball inside the castor oil and then apply the soaked cotton ball to the genital warts. Bind them together using a Band-Aid or medical tape. Refresh the dressing about three times in a day
- You can add garlic to the treatment to make it more effective. Garlic is rich in allicin, which is antimicrobial in nature. Pick a clove of garlic and cut it into thin slices. Instead of slicing it, you can also crush it, provided the pungent aroma does not bother you. Afterward, add the castor oil and then the garlic to the genital warts and cover with medical gauze. You can also hold them together using medical tape. Leave it in place overnight.
- You can mix cornstarch or baking soda with castor oil to form a paste. You can then apply the paste to the genital warts and get it covered using tapes and medical gauze. Remove and replace the dressing after every few hours.
Castor oil has a characteristic repulsive smell. You can add some peppermint oil to the castor oil to make it easier on your nose. Instead of castor oil, you can also use any of the oils below:
- Sandalwood oil
- Wormwood oil
- Cod liver oil
- Fish oil
- Cashew nut oil
- Lemmon oil
- Vitamin E oil
- Oregano oil
You can get rid of genital warts by using castor oil or any of the other types of oil mentioned above within two weeks.
The antimicrobial properties of onion are well documented and it can be used in treating genital warts at home. You can apply onion on genital warts following any of the methods described below:
- Prepare a slice of onion and apply it to the genital warts. Hold the two together using a gauze and medical tape. You can replace the dressing after some hours.
- Salt is an astringent agent and it can be added to onion and applied to genital warts for a more effective treatment. Slice a couple of onions and sprinkle one tablespoon of salt on it. Let it stand by overnight and blend the mixture in the morning. Apply the fine mixture you have created on the genital warts and cover using medical gauze and tape.
- You should be able to remove the genital warts in two months using the treatment method above
- Vitamin C:
You can boost your immune system by consuming vitamin C every day. Vitamin C tablets can be an effective topical treatment method against genital warts according to anecdotal evidence. What you need to do is to crush vitamin C tablet to form very small particles. Then add some drops of water to it and mix together to form a coarse paste. Then, apply the paste to the genital warts directly. Cover with a band-Aid or tape. Repeat this every day for a couple of weeks to get rid of the genital warts.
- Pineapple Juice:
Pineapple is rich in bromelain and this substance has been discovered to be effective against genital warts. Pineapple is equally rich in manganese, which can be used to reduce scars that may form after the genital warts have been removed. You only need a slice of pineapple for this purpose. Do not use canned pineapple since they already contain preservatives. Squeeze out the juice in the slice as much as possible. Then apply the juice to the genital warts using a cotton ball. Cover it using a Band-Aids and remove the covering after about 10 minutes.
Genital warts are more or less benign; that is, they will not lead to cancer. Be that as it may, it can get inflamed or itchy. You can bring about quick relief from the associated pain by taking oatmeal bath.
- Add finely powdered oatmeal to a bucket of hot water and let it remain in place for some minutes. Next, take a bath in the water for some relief from the pain.
- Instead of a bath, you can create a scrub by simply adding some drops of water to one tablespoon of the oatmeal. Mix together and use the paste to exfoliate the area.
- Olive Leaf:
Olive leaf has very strong antiviral properties and it can be used for treating genital warts. In fact, its use as an antiviral agent can be traced to ancient Egypt. The olive leaf regimen to be described here is not to be applied topically, but to be used internally.
Remove the stalk from one tablespoon of dried olive and steep it in hot water. Leave it in the hot water for about five minutes. Next, strain the liquid and drink the tea about three times daily.
You can put an end to the replication proves of the virus causing genital warts by taking the olive leaf extract. It can provide a long-term and effective relief from this problem. It can be used in treating genital warts that may be growing inside the body.
Furthermore, olive leaf can act as a natural blood thinner. It is, therefore, important to let your doctor know before you start taking the solution described above.
Milkweed is effective against skin cancer. You can also use milkweed sap to treat genital warts, according to anecdotal evidence. What you need to do is to do is to cut the stem of the plant and apply the sap on the genital warts. Repeat these two times each day.
- Banana Peel:
The enzyme polyphenol oxidase is abundant in banana peel, and it can be used in treating genital warts. All you need to do is to cut the banana peel and apply directly to the genital warts. Let the inside of the banana peel touch the genital warts while the yellow side faces outward. You can then apply a medical tape to the genital warts to ensure it stays in place. Let it stand overnight. This method should get rid of the genital warts within one week.
- Licorice Root:
Licorice root is rich in glycyrrhizin, a substance renowned for its antiviral properties. What you need to do is to crush the root and apply the paste directly to the genital warts. Then use a medical gauze and tape to hold it in place. Refresh the dressing after some hours.
- Fig Leaf:
Fig leaf is rich in an enzyme called ficain or ficin and this enzyme is effective for removal of genital warts. All you need to do is to open the fig leaf and squeeze out the milky white sap in it. Apply the sap directly to the genital warts. This method should treat the genital warts in a matter of two weeks if you apply it three times daily.
- Bark of a Willow Tree:
The bark of a willow tree contains salicylic acid. This is one of the major components of many of the over-the-counter and prescription drugs for genital warts. With salicylic acid, you can soften the keratin present on the genital warts. The softened keratin loosens the genital warts and makes it easier to remove.
Take a small piece of willow tree bark and add some water to it to moisten it. Then apply the bark directly to the genital warts and leave it in place using Band Aids or medical tape. Replace the back once in 24 hours. This should get rid of the genital warts within two weeks.
- Thuja Oil:
The botanical name of the plant is Thujaoccidentalis, and it is an evergreen conifer usually growing in the north-eastern part of the United States. The action of Thuja oil is similar to that of tea tree oil. The two of them have natural antiviral properties and can be useful in eliminating the HPV. You can actually use thuja oil as an alternative to tea tree oil. You need to apply the oil to the genital warts three times in a day. You can also mix the oil with olive oil before applying it to the affected area for men. If you are a woman, on the other hand, you can mix thuja leaf tincture with thuja oil and apply to the genital warts for its complete removal within three months; some people could get rid of the genital warts within just two weeks using this method, according to certain anecdotal pieces of evidence.
- Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera is naturally antimicrobial and it can get rid of genital warts effectively. You can slice open the leaves to extract the aloe vera gel from the midriff. You can also buy the already extracted gel from drugstores in your locality. All you need to do is to rub the gel on the genital warts several times during the day. You can then apply a lot of the gel on the genital warts before you go to bed. Cover it with medical tapes and gauze. Repeat this procedure daily for about three weeks to get rid of genital warts.
- Rubbing Alcohol:
You can equally add alcohol to the genital warts to remove it. Alcohol is a very strong astringent and can help to dry the genital warts. All you need to do is to add a large quantity of the alcohol to the genital warts several times during the day. This method should get rid of the genital warts within one month of consistent application.
19. Grapefruit Seed Extract:
Grapefruit seed extract is rich in antimicrobial agents. It can, therefore, be used in removing genital warts. All you need to do is to add some drops of the extract to the genital warts and cover with medical gauze and tapes. Repeat the replace the dressing about two times in a day. You can get rid of genital warts using this method after applying it for about two weeks.
20. Nail Polish:
Nail polish is also effective against genital warts, according to several anecdotal evidences. What the nail polish does is to seal the genital warts and prevent it from accessing oxygen. The genital warts dies off since the HPV in it is starved of oxygen. What you should do is to apply the nail polish on the genital warts before you sleep at night. Then take your bath in the morning to wash it off. You can get rid of genital warts within two weeks if you do this consistently.
21. Dandelion Herb:
Dandelion herb is an antiviral agent and it can be used in curing genital warts, according to anecdotal pieces of evidence. What you need to do is to cut open the root of the dandelion herb and extract the sap. Apply the sap directly on the genital warts and repeat this about three times in a day. This method should be able to remove the genital warts after about two weeks.
Potato is rich in vitamin C, which is different from popular belief. Vitamin C is very effective against genital warts. Ayurveda therapy also talks about the use of potato for curing genital warts. All you need to do is to get a slice of potato and, rub the slice on the genital warts and repeat several times during the day. It should show positive result within two weeks of consistent application.
Keep in mind that the results you can obtain from these treatment methods may vary from one person to another. The results can also depend on the natural immunity of the individual applying the treatment method, as well as some other extraneous factors. Never forget to seek medical advice before applying any of the methods described above. Seek medical help if the natural ways of eliminating genital warts fail to treat the genital warts after a reasonable time of applying it.